Tuesday 29 January 2008

The Tapping News goes BLOG!

Dear Readers

The Tapping News is the newsletter that I've sent out once a month (or so, sometimes months accelerate without me noticing) for the last four years to those who have trained with me on Emotional Freedom Techniques workshops. EFT is also known as the tapping therapy because that is what we do. Well the Tapping News will still go out in Newsletter form but tonight I have taken this big step into the web of life and here I am BLOGGING!!!

On Friday a girlfriend and I went to The Craiglands Hotel which was our venue last year for www.eftmasterclass.co.uk and is where April's exploration of EFT and Brainwaves will be held www.eftevents.com only this time it was for a night out with the Idle Hands superb local jazz and soul trio. After an excellent meal we watched slightly envious as several couples glided around the dance floor with apparent ease. "Can you dance?" I asked and Linda confessed shamefaced that as a tall girl at school she had been a "boy" in dance lessons and now couldn't not lead! I laughed because that had been exactly my experience too. Every attempt to dance had failed because my body hadn't a clue how to follow and I'd crushed the egos as well as the toes of potential partners.

Of course I got to thinking about EFT. Could I tap to unlearn a learned behaviour? And if successful would I then have to learn the behaviour not learned? This seems to me fundemental to therapeutic change. We learn something when young which fits at the time then as our circumstances and environment change what was once a solution becomes a problem. Part of the change is the unlearning of the old solution and the other part is the learning of the new solution.

Your thoughts?

Gwyneth

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe that our system is addicted to efficiency. Not an efficiency related to logic and cognitive definitions but an efficiency on the energetic level. What we relate to as a problem with our conscious mind is a title given to a situation we observe through a selected range of formed concepts. Our energy system or our existence, which is a form of energetic manifestation, is not judgemental in the cognitive aspect of the process. Energy existence applies primary keys to achieve optimal flow in any circumstances. It knocks simultaneously on all doors and enters through all that opens. Learning or unlearning are tempting concepts but are also ones to be reconsidered as a door that has the potential to be open or closed two life-energy levels of existence. I am a constant manifestation of the optimal flow of my life-energies. What I find when experimenting with Intuitive tappingin is, when you let go of your conceptual self you can hear the constant knocking on the doors that refuse to open. If brave enough, you start naming them. Even though they are mostly against all logic or commonsense, you might recognize yourself in. Sometimes the words make no sense, but the relief is undeniable. The 'boy' in all of us is anchored to several docks. Some can not be seen by our conscious mind.like with tapping, intuitive dancing, released from your conceptual self, optimal flow will be found. Don't be surprised if it makes no sense to anybody else but to yourself and your partner.
Enjoy
aurel

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwyneth and congratulations for 'going public' with a Blog! The topic of not being able to not lead when dancing, by the way, is a great one - sure enough another one from my collection, too.

Thanks for this subtle hint. I'm pretty sure it will be a funny issue to tap on when attending your Level 3 workshop at Craiglands at the end of this month... Another tree to look at and - fell!

Very much looking forward to more insights through your blog and to seeing you soon!

Warmest wishes, Heike

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwyneth, really enjoyed the Tapping News. Lots of useful information and tips, the latter I so need as I recently embarked on my EFT journey having attended your level 2 session in February. The TRR article now has pride of place on my desk. I have been using EFT over the past few weeks with clients, sometimes I forget to do this technique or that technique and just keep on tapping. This article reminded me how important the test is NOT necessarily the technique! This is particularly useful with 'vague feelings' when I just wonder where it's leading. So, thanks, it's great to have all this information at our fingertips as they say! Jules